2010年12月20日星期一

.Its been six years Replica Zenith watches since I was a high school

It shows how many milliliters of oxygen your body consumes per minute for each kilogram of body weight. In other words, it indicates how well your body delivers oxygen to exercising muscles. Lance Armstrongs V02 max ranks in at a superhero level in the high 80s. Comparatively, a normal active man will rank in the 60s.Its been six years Replica Zenith watches since I was a high school swimmer, five years since I quit my 15-year competitive swimming career, and about 24 hours since I went for a six-mile run. I live in Santa Fe, NM, elevation 7,000 feet, and I rock climb, run and bike in the mountains. In theory, I should have a pretty good V02 max.

Ive trained my body, since age five, to intake high dosages of oxygen while sprinting butterfly and freestyle, climbing 511s and churning up the local trails. (Never mind that Im a writer and most of the rest of my time is spent on my arse in front of my computer.)I should be an oxygen-enriched rock star of an athlete. In theory. In reality, Im kind of average. Sure, in past tests I ranked in my age group and athletic ability as good and sometimes even Replica Cartier watches really good. But theres two more levels above that: Excellent and Lance Armstrong.Armstrong can have his throne. I just wanted to be excellent. I was going to throw down on that treadmill, get my VO2 max measured, and prove to everybody (or maybe just myself) that I really do have star-studded potential.

That I just had an off day when I bonked on the velodrome two days ago. That a breakfast-related stomach ache held me back on the six-mile trail run yesterday. When they strapped a Hannibal Lector-like mask to my face and wrapped a heart monitor around my rib cage, I had plans to run until: A) I passed out, or B) puked.I got on the treadmill and the Replica Omega watches fitness coach attached my face masks octopus-like tubes to a VO2 max machine. They started me at a 20-minute pace and then quickly bumped it up to a 10-minute pace. Then every minute, they knocked up the incline, until at the very end, I felt like I was running up Mount Washington. The VO2 machine measured the amount of oxygen in the air as I inhaled and exhaled.